Follow
212 Careers
Interviewing, Resumes, and Career Information -- 1 Degree Better
Curated by James Schreier
Your new post is loading...
Your new post is loading...
Scooped by James Schreier
Scoop.it!

When It Comes To Your Career, Is Making Assumptions Good Or Bad?

When It Comes To Your Career, Is Making Assumptions Good Or Bad? | 212 Careers | Scoop.it
Some people caution that one should never make assumptions. When it comes to your career, is making assumptions good or bad?
James Schreier's insight:

#63 in the series of articles I've written for Work It Daily (Careerealism)

No comment yet.
Scoop.it!

5 Things College Students Must Do To Stay Ahead of the Competition

5 Things College Students Must Do To Stay Ahead of the Competition | 212 Careers | Scoop.it
College students face a number of challenges as they near graduation. Here are five things college students must do to stay ahead of the competition.

#56 in my series of articles for Work It Daily (Careerealism).  And another e-mail headline!l  Search for "CR" to find other articles.

No comment yet.
Scoop.it!

Are There Really ‘No Rules for Resumes?’

Are There Really ‘No Rules for Resumes?’ | 212 Careers | Scoop.it
I saw an article that stated that “There are no binding, always-applying rules for your resume..." Are there really no rules for resumes?

#54 in my series of articles for Work It Daily.  In some part, this is my response to the confusion that sometimes appears with career advice.

No comment yet.
Scoop.it!

Career Trends: Awareness And Critical Questions

Career Trends: Awareness And Critical Questions | 212 Careers | Scoop.it
No matter where you are in your career, it's important to be aware of the career trends that could impact you and your career.

Article #52 in the series I've written for Work It Daily (Careerealism).  This is another one that focuses on thinking about the future.

No comment yet.
Scoop.it!

4 Tips For Organizing Your Resume

4 Tips For Organizing Your Resume | 212 Careers | Scoop.it
There will always be discussions over the “best” format for resumes. Here are 4 tips to keep in mind when organizing your resume!

Another "headline" article written for Careerealism today!

No comment yet.
Scoop.it!

What Does Fast Track Hiring Mean For Candidates?

What Does Fast Track Hiring Mean For Candidates? | 212 Careers | Scoop.it
Some organizations, attempting to deal with shortages of candidates and much needed skills, are implementing “fast track” hiring. From my perspective, it’s come about 15 years too late. It has been needed for a long time. But because it’s now an emerging trend, it’s important to examine the implications for candidates.

#45 in my series of articles for Careerealism.  Taking a short break for the holidays -- back in February.

No comment yet.
Scoop.it!

Why You Want An Opportunity – Not A Job

Why You Want An Opportunity – Not A Job | 212 Careers | Scoop.it
People often face the job search process with a fundamental mental error. They seek a job when they should be seeking an opportunity. Find out why!

#40 in the series I've written for CAREEREALISM

No comment yet.
Scoop.it!

Never Make These 5 Grammar Mistakes On Your Resume

Never Make These 5 Grammar Mistakes On Your Resume | 212 Careers | Scoop.it
Grammar mistakes can easily get your resume thrown into the 'no' pile. Here are the common grammar mistakes you need to look out for while writing yours.

#38 in the series of articles I've written for Careerealism.

No comment yet.
Scoop.it!

The Importance Of Goal Setting In Your Job Search

The Importance Of Goal Setting In Your Job Search | 212 Careers | Scoop.it
Goal Setting is considered one of the most important elements of a successful job search. Here are some tips for setting goals during your job search!

This is the first of a planned monthly article that will contain an interactive exercise.

No comment yet.
Scoop.it!

Translating Skills For A Career Transition

Translating Skills For A Career Transition | 212 Careers | Scoop.it
Considering changing careers? If you are, you'll need to translate your skills. Try these savvy suggestions for translating skills for a career transition.
No comment yet.
Scoop.it!

Is Your Fear Of The Future Hurting Your Career Search?

Is Your Fear Of The Future Hurting Your Career Search? | 212 Careers | Scoop.it
Does the thought of where your career will be in 10 years make your stomach knot up? Is your fear of the future hurting your career search? Don't let it!
No comment yet.
Scoop.it!

Should You 'Ask' For The Job?

In your job search, you want to be enthusiastic and direct, but you don't want to be pushy. So, should you ask for the job? Or will that hurt your chances?
No comment yet.
Scoop.it!

Is Listing 'Awards' On A Resume Arrogant?

Is Listing 'Awards' On A Resume Arrogant? | 212 Careers | Scoop.it
There are some things that are best left off of your resume. But can you be perceived as being arrogant by listing awards on your resume? Find out...
No comment yet.
Scoop.it!

5 Lessons For An Interview Makeover

5 Lessons For An Interview Makeover | 212 Careers | Scoop.it
Have an interview coming up? Don't miss these 5 lessons that will give you an interview makeover. They may be exactly what you need to land the job!

#62 in the series of articles I've written for Work It Daily (Careerealism).  This one follows the articles I've written based on Resume Nightmares!

No comment yet.
Scoop.it!

Interview Yourself To Prepare Your Resume

Interview Yourself To Prepare Your Resume | 212 Careers | Scoop.it
The traditional way that most people prepare their resume is start recording "the facts." Here's why you should interview yourself to prepare your resume.

#55 in my series of articles for Work It Daily (Careerealism)  Search for tag "CR" to discover more!

No comment yet.
Scoop.it!

Why Job Seekers NEED To Study Performers

Why Job Seekers NEED To Study Performers | 212 Careers | Scoop.it
Studying performers is a worthwhile effort. But for the moment, consider which performers to study. Here's why job seekers need to study performers.

#53 in my series for Work It Daily.  This one is important to me because it connects directly to my "Performance Project."  This article is a bit of an introduction to my entire book.  www.performance-project.com

No comment yet.
Scoop.it!

Teamwork Lessons From The Little League World Series

Teamwork Lessons From The Little League World Series | 212 Careers | Scoop.it
There’s a good message for job seekers on effectively presenting their team accomplishments. Here are teamwork lessons from the little league world series!

#51 in my posts for Careerealism - NOW Work It Daily.  And another headline posting!

No comment yet.
Scoop.it!

An Interviewing Lesson From 'Downton Abbey'

An Interviewing Lesson From 'Downton Abbey' | 212 Careers | Scoop.it
Did you ever think that you would learn something about your job search from a TV show? Here's an interviewing lesson from Downton Abbey.

A new article I wrote for Careerealism -- definitely one of the most enjoyable ones to write.

No comment yet.
Scoop.it!

Are Assessments Good For Your Career?

Are Assessments Good For Your Career? | 212 Careers | Scoop.it
Assessments, from personality tests to the scores of instruments that measure “personal styles,” have mixed reviews. Are assessments good for your career?

#43 in my series of articles for Careerealism!

No comment yet.
Scoop.it!

Get Employees To Participate In Professional Development

Get Employees To Participate In Professional Development | 212 Careers | Scoop.it
It is not always easy to convince your employees to participate in professional development. These tips will help show them why they need to participate!

#39 in my series of posts for Careerealism -- this one a little different from the ones that focus on resumes, interviews, etc.

No comment yet.
Scoop.it!

Job Search: Practice Redefined

Job Search: Practice Redefined | 212 Careers | Scoop.it
A successful job search includes practice – if you practice the right things. Here are some tips on what to practice if you want to land that dream job!
No comment yet.
Scoop.it!

Words Matter In Your Career Search – But Some Might Hurt

Words Matter In Your Career Search – But Some Might Hurt | 212 Careers | Scoop.it
The words in your resume and on your LinkedIn profile can make a significant difference in the success of your career search. But some words may hurt it.

The latest in my series of articles for CAREEREALISM.  This one digs a little deeper into the importance of the words used on your resume and in your LinkedIn profile.

No comment yet.
Scoop.it!

Superman Doesn't Belong On Your Resume

Superman Doesn't Belong On Your Resume | 212 Careers | Scoop.it
Listing all of your skills on your resume can land you in the 'no' pile because you look like superman. Here's why superman doesn't belong on your resume.

Special thanks to my wonderful colleague, Mary Berry Kurrasch, for adding her insight to this issue.

No comment yet.
Scoop.it!

No 5-Year Plan? Here's What To Do

No 5-Year Plan? Here's What To Do | 212 Careers | Scoop.it
If you don't have a 5-year plan in place, consider using these key points to develop your plan and ultimately develop and further your career.
No comment yet.
Scoop.it!

How To Tell Accomplishment Stories Effectively

How To Tell Accomplishment Stories Effectively | 212 Careers | Scoop.it
Not sure how to convey your accomplishments in your resume or interview answers? Here are some ways to tell accomplishment stories effectively.
No comment yet.